My favorite thing about the Fourth of July, hands down, is Syfy’s Twilight Zone marathon.
Yes, fireworks and food are good fun but they’re not a classic science fiction television show. I’ve spent multiple July 4th holidays, as well as New Years when Syfy also does a marathon, watching and discussing this show with my family.
In those years, I’ve seen almost, if not all, episodes at least once. And the majority of them have stayed entertaining even after multiple viewings.
You have now entered into … my all time favorite Twilight Zone episodes!
11. The Invaders
- Season 2, Episode 15
- Original Air Date: Jan. 27, 1961
- A woman living alone in a rural house is stalked by tiny beings from another planet.
10. Mr. Dingle, The Strong
- Season 2, Episode 19
- Original Air Date: March 3, 1961
- A meek vacuum cleaner salesman is given incredible strength by a two-headed Martian as part of an experiment.
- Season 4, Episode 8
- Original Air Date: Feb. 21, 1963
- A timid clerk sees the figurines of a museum’s 19th-century miniature dollhouse come to life.
8. Queen of the Nile
- Season 5, Episode 23
- Original Air Date: March 6, 1964
- A columnist discovers the secret behind the apparent eternal youth of a film actress.
7. The Howling Man
- Season 2, Episode 5
- Original Air Date: Nov. 4, 1960
- A man lost in a storm finds a monastery where the monks claim a howling prisoner is the Devil himself.
6. Nightmare at 20,000 Feet
- Season 5, Episode 3
- Original Air Date: Oct. 11, 1963
- A salesman recovering from a nervous breakdown sees a creature on the wing of the airplane he is on, but no one believes him.
5. The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street
- Season 1, Episode 22
- Original Air Date: March 4, 1960
- A power failure causes the residents of a suburban neighborhood to suspect one another of being monsters from outer space planning an invasion.
4. Living Doll
- Season 5, Episode 6
- Original Air Date: Nov. 1, 1963
- A man finds himself being actually physically threatened by his stepdaughter’s new talking doll.
3. The Masks
- Season 5, Episode 25
- Original Air Date: March 20, 1964
- At Mardi Gras, a wealthy dying man orders his daughter and her family to wear masks that show their true selves as part of a requirement to obtain his inheritance.
2. To Serve Man
- Season 3, Episode 24
- Original Air Date: March 2, 1962
- Representatives of a 9 ft. tall alien race come to Earth and offer mankind cures for all earthly ills.
1. Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?
- Season 2, Episode 28
- Original Air Date: May 26, 1961
- State Troopers investigating a UFO sighting track footprints to a diner, where they try to determine which one of seven bus passengers is really a Martian.
Check this article from Gizmodo for the times each episode is playing.
What episodes of the Twilight Zone are your favorite? Let me know in the comments!