Video games use music to set a specific mood and tone. And I’m about to use this list of songs to get everyone in the summertime mood!
Currently, where I live, it’s smack in the middle of a sizzling summer and I’m melting in the heat. These songs are helping me get in the tropical mood and ignore the ridiculous weather as much as possible.
So in honor of today, June 21, the first official day of summer, here’s a list of music from Nintendo games to help get you embrace the summer!
- Gelato Beach (Super Mario Sunshine)
- Delfino Plaza (Super Mario Sunshine)
- Welcome to Yoshi’s Village (Paper Mario)
- Treasure Trove Cove (Banjo-Kazooie)
- Ant Trooper Hill (Super Mario 3D World)
- Ice Cream Island (Kirby’s Epic Yarn)
- Starshine Beach Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy 2)
- Dragon Roost Island (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
- GBA Shy Guy Beach (Mario Kart Wii)
- Tropical Wilds (Pikmin 3)
- 2:00 a.m. (Animal Crossing) (Super Smash Bros Wii U)
- Gangplank Galleon (Donkey Kong Country 2)
- DS Cheep Cheep Beach (Mario Kart 8)
- Whale Bay (Diddy Kong Racing)
- Koopa Troopa Beach (Mario Kart 64)
- Coconut Mall (Mario Kart Wii)
What’s your favorite song from a video game that reminds you of summer? Did I forget any major ones in my list? Let me know in the comments below!