I think 2017 may be the first year in a while that I am legitimately excited about a lot of movies.
I love the idea of movies far more than I enjoy actually going to the theater and watching a movie.
With that said, my internal hype meter still goes crazy over the prospect of certain movies. Especially if they have a really good trailer. Or, heck, even a bad trailer that still manages to get me pumped. I really don’t have good taste in movies.
But what led to me looking forward to so many movies was going to see Moana on New Years Eve.
But during the pre-movie advertisements, I saw trailers for several movies that I’m not really looking forward to and some that I’m just looking forward to reading the reviews for.
Here’s my list of movies coming out this year that I am currently excited for/tentatively looking forward to:
- The Lego Batman Movie (February 10)
- Pitch Perfect 3 (December 22)
- Justice League (November 17)
- Kong: Skull Island (March 10)
- Despicable Me 3 (June 30)
- Wonder Woman (June 2)
- Star Wars Episode VIII (December 15)
- The Fate of the Furious (April 14)
- Beauty and the Beast (March 17)